DURARASP RASP 4 X 48 W/ REPLACABLE TUNGSTON PLATE #12 GRIT
The 48" DuraRasp™ Planer is a one of its kind. Our custom crafted 48" Durarasp is made with the same durable #12 tungsten carbide sitting atop a lightweight magnesium alloy planer offers effortless rasping and reach. It was designed to offer long life, and in ten months of testing by professional contractors, traditional rasp paper can’t begin to compare with the dramatic and long-lasting performance of the DuraRasp™ on EPS foam walls!
Benefits and features:
- DuraRasp lasts 100x longer than traditional rasp paper
- Designed specifically to rasp EIFS / EPS foam walls
- Heavy, brazed #12 tungsten grit rasp
- Replacement rasp plate available (#DR448S)
- Convenient knob and handle for rasping ease
STRETCH DURARASP 4" X 48" EIFS RASP
4 foot Tungsten Carbide EIFS DuraRasp Rasp
- Now with Replaceable DuraRasp Plate
- #12 Tungsten Rasp Grit
- Custom-Crafted and Serial-Numbered
- Lasts 100 Times Longer than EIFS Rasp Paper
It is necessary to rasp the entire expanded polystyrene (EPS) surface prior to EIFS base coat application. Completely removing the existing surface by rasping, removes any surface contaminants and the newly opened surface improves overall adhesion. Once complete it is necessary to remove any loose EPS material that remains on the wall surface and on the floor of the application area.
Rasping a EIFS EPS foam wall may be done with any of our DuraRasp rasp hand held rasping tools or by attaching self adhering our abrasive paper to a standard rasp tool.