Most Windows Users and Option 1:
To upload a File via FTP within your browser:
- Open a browser window.
- Click on our FTP link or type it into the address bar and click ENTER: ftp://www.demand-products.com/public_ftp
- You will be prompted to enter your FTP username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password (use the password that has been given to you by demand products). Enter this information and select Log On.
- Now you are connected to the FTP server. Simply drag and drop your files into the browser window, and wait for the file to transfer. Once you have sent your file, the icon for the file will appear in the Internet Explorer window. The file is now uploaded. You can also drag and drop files from the FTP server back on to your computer.
MAC users and Option 2:
FTP your data using an FTP program
To use this method, you will need to have an FTP program, also known as an FTP client, installed on your computer. If you do not already have an FTP client, you can download one from the web. The following FTP clients are free to try. (Depending on your usage, you may have to pay for these programs after your trial runs out.) Click on one of these links to download the program from the web.
After you have downloaded and installed your FTP program, you will need to configure it so that you can connect to our FTP server. Your FTP client will need the following settings:
- Host name: ftp://www.demand-products.com/public_ftp . This is our FTP server address.
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: use the password that has been given to you by demand products
- Logon type: should be set to normal, not anonymous. You may have to change this setting before you will be able to enter your username and password.